You may think – who has time to go to the library in this fast rush pace of a world, I’d suggest you don’t have time not to. In running around from the car to practices to making it home in time just to make dinner, and prepare for bedtime – you need a moment of stillness and peace.
You may also think in an age of technology books are losing their place. You still need a bookmark, because books have a depth and substance withwhich websites and screen shots cannot compete.
Libraries may not be as popular as they were when you were a kid, but the benefits are still as popular and not likely to be found elsewhere. They’ve also expanded to include technology, family activities, and arts & crafts.
BENEFITS OF USING YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY?
- Teaches children the benefit of a sharing, experiencing & respecting a quiet space with other people.
- Involves your family in community (that’s not a social network, so real communication exchanges can happen).
- Develops a love for books, reading and learning
- Learning about new things increases curiosity.
- Children discover their own interests and identity, which increases self-confidence.
- Being at the library teaches them how to find information, which is a vital life skill.
- When your child has their own library card it gives them a sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Save money by renting movies
- Teaches time management due to time limits on computers, etc.
MORE THAN BOOKS
- There are movies to rent
- Computers to use (some libraries have sound recording studios).
- Save time by searching online at your local library and reserving things for pick up.
- Make library trips a weekly routine
Happy check-outs & returns!